Did your professor just ask you to write a minimum wage essay and you don’t even know where to start? Or perhaps you just need some help choosing the right topic for your upcoming minimum wage argument essay. In this blog post, you will learn everything from choosing the right topics and creating an outline to writing the paper from start to finish.
It doesn’t matter if you need to write a should minimum wage be raised essay or a minimum wage should not be raised essay. Our guide, tips and tricks will help you get a top grade. And if you need some more help with your academic paper, you can go directly to the last section of this blog post.
Picking the Right Minimum Wage Essay Topic
Did you know that your minimum wage essay will receive bonus points if you manage to find an excellent topic? Let’s face it: your professor is tired of reading the same thematic essays over and over again. If you manage to come up with something new and original, you will almost certainly get a better grade on your essay on economics. Here are some things you need to keep in mind while looking for a topic:
- The topic should be narrow enough for you to write a 1-2 page essay on it and be able to cover everything in 500 to 800 words.
- Make sure there is plenty of information available on the Internet or offline. If you can’t do research, it will be very difficult for you to write a minimum wage increase essay.
- You should know at least some things about the topic. Why would you want to research everything and struggle to understand all the new concepts? Save yourself some time and pick a topic you know.
- No matter what essay you need to write (including a persuasive essay on raising minimum wage), you should go to great lengths to make sure the topic you pick is 100% original and as interesting as possible. Pick something that is of interest to your professor or to the scientific community. Something none of your classmates would ever think about.
Best Argumentative Essay on Raising Minimum Wage Topics
Do you want to write the perfect argumentative essay on raising minimum wage? Or maybe you are interested in finding the best topic for your next what should minimum wage be essay. The good news is that you don’t even have to waste your time looking elsewhere for topics. Our academic writers have put together a list of original topics that are very interesting. Use any of these for free and start writing now:
- The impact of minimum wage on businesses in Kentucky.
- The impact of minimum wage on families in Kansas.
- The positive impact of a minimum wage increase of 10%. (complex raising minimum wage essay)
- The negative impact of a decrease of the minimum wage in the UK.
- Comparing minimum wages in the 5 poorest US states.
- Do companies benefit from an increase of the minimum wage?
- Liberal vs conservative views on the minimum wage in the US.
- Does raising the minimum wage affect employment?
- Minimum wage in Canada vs minimum wage in the US.
Minimum Wage Essay Sample
The Economic Meaning Of The Minimum Wage
In periods of recession, the low-skilled laborers receive minimum wages from employment. Following a forecast on the United States possibility of wage rise as at January and July is an indicator of the trough period for the economic recovery. Therefore, the labor market is likely to adjust to the changes which then impacts on overall employment. This paper therefore seeks to explain the relationship between minimum wage and employment using the demand and supply theory.
Relationship between minimum wage and employment
At minimum wage point, demand for labor curve is negatively sloped. If the wage is responsive to the market forces, then real wage will be pushed towards the equilibrium wage, where demand and supply for labor are equal. With the equilibrium wage, the aggregate supply curve will tend to be positively sloped, although not throughout its range. This can be explained by the rise in wealth effects. At low wage levels, higher wages will be motivating people to work more hence reducing their time for leisure purposes. With time workers will substitute income for leisure, however the income obtainable through working more will be of less value compared with leisure. As people gain more wealth, they do less work and choose more leisure. Thus workers will tend to work less as their income rises, which will lead enormous growth per capita.
Impacts of increasing the minimum wage
A rise in the minimum wage would increase the price of commodities. Due to high operating labor cost, employers would raise their selling prices to meet the production cost, pay for labor and make profits. Since production cost comprises of labor and capital cost, a rise in minimum wages would increase overall cost. Firms would opt to invest in capital rather than labor, hence reducing labor demand. Reduced labor demand would tend to pull the wage back to real wage equilibrium.
Don’t Forget About the Minimum Wage Essay Outline
You’ve probably heard about outlines before but didn’t really care about them. We want to make sure you understand that creating the minimum wage essay outline is a very important part of the writing process. An outline is like the backbone of your essay. It is like a table of contents. By creating an excellent outline, you help yourself write faster, stay on topic and avoid repetition.
A good outline for your wage gap essay gives you a structure to work with. Just add content, data, graphics, citations and references to each section of the outline and the paper will be done in no time. Start every academic paper project with an outline, just like our seasoned professional writers do and you’ll get better results – guaranteed.
7 Steps to Write the Perfect Minimum Wage Argument Essay
Now, we know you want to learn how to write that increasing minimum wage essay quickly and easily. Of course, we can’t help you with the research in this blog post (even though our team of writers and editors can do it upon request), but we will show you the basic steps you need to take to write the essay fast:
- Choose the topic. Use the advice above or pick one of the topics from our list.
- Do the research. If you’ve selected the right topic, it should be easy for you to conduct all the necessary research in less than 2 hours.
- Create the outline for the raise minimum wage essay while you do the research. Remember, each main idea or talking point should have its own heading. Less important ideas should be subheadings.
- Start by writing the 3 body paragraphs of your essay on minimum wage increase. We assume you are using the versatile five paragraph essay structure. Keep in mind that each body paragraph should discuss and support one single important idea. Don’t confuse your readers and keep things neatly organized.
- Write the introduction of your essay on minimum wage increase. Now that you know what the body paragraphs contain, it should be easy to write the intro. Just remember to include a clear thesis statement and a bit of background information about the topic.
- Write the minimum wage essay conclusion. This is easy to do. Just summarize everything, restate the thesis and then end the paragraph with a strong call to action (this is not mandatory though).
- Edit your work and proofread it twice. You don’t want to lose points just because you missed some typos.
An Important Thing to Keep in Mind When Writing an Economics Essay
As you can see from the guide above, writing a why minimum wage should be raised essay is not at all difficult. However, there is one very important thing you need to keep in mind. No matter the type of paper, be it a minimum wage debate essay or a minimum wage should be raised essay, you must ensure that all the economic data is accurate, well cited and referenced at the end of the essay in the References section. Check your economic data and statistics and make sure they come from reliable sources (.gov or .edu are the best).
Need Some More Help?
Are you still struggling with writing that difficult economics persuasive essay? Or perhaps you don’t know how to write the introduction or the conclusion of the persuasive essay on raising minimum wage. No matter where you’re stuck, our essay writers can help you. They have written dozens of academic papers (including theses and even dissertations) over the years, so they know what your professor really wants to see. Each and every economics essay we send to students is 100% original, well-researched, well-referenced, and very interesting. Our experts can even pick the best topic for you. Rely on us to complete your project, sit back and relax. You deserve it!