What is a thematic essay? A thematic essay is a kind of writing project that asks students to make connections between specific facts to comprehend and answer a question. Many students find the thematic essay definition a bit intimidating because it is based on opinion. Students must choose and take a specific viewpoint and approach to make their thematic analysis essay approach. Unlike an argumentative essay, students need to form an opinion and find reasons why they have chosen a specific viewpoint. This article explores how to write this kind of assignment as well as provide you with several sample topics to use.
How to Write a Thematic Essay
As the common thematic essay definition states, there are three essential elements to a thematic analysis essay:
- it must follow a well-structured format
- it must incorporate a clear and concise introduction
- it must have a conclusion that brings all of your main points together.
When you are assigned this kind of project you should make sure you check the thematic essay rubric to ensure you know how you will be graded to ensure you receive the highest grade possible.
Thematic Essay In 5 Steps
- Choose a Good Topic
The best way to start a belief systems thematic essay is to consider several topics and then to choose the one you are most interested in and one that doesn’t seem overwhelming. You will need to do plenty of research, so it’s important to know you won’t have trouble finding information.
- Thematic Essay Outline
Once you have found all the pertinent information you need to write your foreign policy thematic essay you should create an outline. This will help you organize your sub-arguments and supporting examples. It’s easier to change your outline before you start the writing process.
- Write the First Essay Draft
If you were to look up any thematic essay example you would find that each paragraph points out a sub-argument in support of the central argument. Each paragraph will stick to a single topic and have plenty of supporting examples. You can achieve the same result by starting with a rough draft.
- Revise Your Argument
Set your global history thematic essay aside for a few days. After this reimagine your discussion points. You may find that rearranging your essay paragraphs or using different pieces of supporting evidence will improve the overall effectiveness of your assignment and make a greater impact on your reader.
- Edit and Proofread Your Paper
Finally, edit and proofread your global thematic essay before submitting it to your professor. Do these exercises separately. Edit for word use and grammar. Proofread for spelling mistakes. You will be able to get your assignment as close as perfect as possible.
Whether you are writing geography thematic essay or a cold war thematic essay the following free topics will give you plenty of ideas to write about. They are available to share and modify to fit any thematic assignment.
U.S. History Thematic Essay Topics
Here is a list of U.S. history thematic essay that is great for a high school level course:
- Examine two federal laws dealing with immigration and their circumstances.
- Describe the implications that the Fugitive Slave Act had on Jim Crow Laws.
- Explain how the Civil Rights Act impacted the economy in the American south.
- How did the Homestead Act impact the way settlers populated the Mid-West?
- What impact did the Dred Scott v. Sanford case have on U.S. Law?
- How have racial lawsuits affected big businesses in the United States?
- How are older employees affected by age discrimination laws meant to protect youth?
Global Regents Thematic Essay Topics
These ideas are great for a Global regents thematic essay that deals with current issues:
- What are the major issues that single parents face around the world?
- What impact have popular legal shows had on the legal system?
- How has the global pandemic impacted international law?
- How does international law impact crimes committed on foreign soil?
- Describe how religious freedom changes the way crimes are tried.
- Explain how U.S. professional sports are necessary for economic health.
- How did Roe v. Wade affect abortion laws around the world?
US History Regents Thematic Essay Topics
Here is another collection of topics for a U.S.history regents thematic essay on today’s discussions:
- Explain how marijuana should be made legal because of its health benefits.
- Are the legal drinking age rules across states uniform?
- Should the United States impose stricter gun laws around the country?
- Explain how banning illegal drugs only contributes to the problem.
- At what age should teenage girls have access to abortion without parental consent?
- Should the U.S. government be allowed to interfere with American sports?
- What are the benefits of avoiding anti-trust lawsuits?
Thematic Essay Global Regents
The following ideas for a US history regents thematic essay are excellent for a college-level course:
- Explain the difference between state-level law and federal-level law.
- What impact does international law have on U.S. law?
- Should visitors be allowed to smoke in public spaces when traveling?
- Explain why prostitution should be made legal around the world.
- What role does the G7 have in banning nuclear weapons?
- What was the human toll of the Great Depression in the U.S.?
- Describe the most effective method of improving your company’s use of lawers?
US History Thematic Essay Topics
Here is one more list of ideas for an imperialism thematic essay assignment:
- How did the Mexican-American War of 1846 change immigration policy?
- What impact did the 9/11 Terrorist Attack have on immigration law?
- Describe the Embargo Act of 1807 and its impact on the U.S. economy.
- What themes did Harper Lee explore in To Kill a Mockingbird?
- Explore F. Scott Fitzgerald’s statement about the American Dream.
- At what point does congress have the right to interfere with an Executive Order?
- Does the United States have a right to shut down sports during the pandemic?
We understand that this article may not answer all of your thematic essay questions which is why we encourage you to contact us anytime with all of your questions. Our essay writers can come up with thematic essay topics and thematic essay examples for you. And since our professionals are always staying up-to-date with all of the current academic trends, you can be certain that your thematic essay will earn the highest grade in your class.