When your professor assigns you an essay and even a particular health essay topic to write on, completing it becomes a smooth sailing process. You only need to search for resources in your library and on the internet to complete it. You can even buy an essay online. However, if the same professor tells you to write a health essay, gives you a deadline, and walks out without saying what topic to write about, the process can be quite nerve-wracking. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be as you can always select a topic or two you find most appealing from our list of health essay topics below.
Top Health Care Argumentative Essay Topics
- Euthanasia, should it be decriminalized or not?
- Do you find animal testing humane?
- What are the pros and cons of legalizing abortion?
- Should alternative forms of healthcare be included in national healthcare?
- Is womb transplantation an excellent alternative to surrogacy?
- Are there any inequalities in the American healthcare system
- Would it be wise for the government to provide free healthcare to the homeless and the poor?
- Obesity; a mental or physical problem
- Should the uninsured receive medical care?
- Should life support continue for a patient who has been declared brain dead?
- Does the lifespan of a human being rely on genetics? Explain your stance
- Is human cloning acceptable
- Does the state influence the cost of healthcare?
- Should smoking e-cigarettes in public be legalized?
- Can a vegan diet be healthy?
- Should we hope for a diabetes-free future?
- Would the world be a better place if we had a universal healthcare system?
- Does shopping addiction qualify for a real disease?
- Is your sleeping time affect your health?
- Should restaurants and companies offering fast foods issue a warning just like cigarette and alcohol companies do?
Mental Health Essay Topics
- Explain the effect of cognitive therapy for mental disorders.
- Should school-going children receive free mental therapy?
- Describe the quality of healthcare services in asylums
- Should those with mental health issues receive treatment inside or outside the community?
- The effects of anti-depressants in dealing with depression
- What is the social impact of mental disorders?
- Outline and explain effective methods for treating a behavioral disorder
- What are the symptoms, the causes, as well as the right treatments for teen depression?
- Define the relationship between exercise and mood
- Should doctors and other health personnel be allowed to promote particular mental disorder treatments?
- Compare and contrast mental disorders in childhood, and within early adolescence
- Describe the extent and impact of mental disorders in the USA.
- The impact of child abuse trauma
- Understanding and managing a bipolar disorder
- Describe the link between social media and mental disorders
- What are the mental health benefits that a patient incurs from physical activity?
- Associate between mental health and suicide
- The most common mental disorders in the US
- Describe the burden of depression and other mental illnesses on our economy
- Social effects brought about by mental disorders
Controversial Health Topics
- Outline the health consequences of caffeine
- Pros and cons of medical marijuana
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Does exercising worsen health?
- The moral issues of euthanasia
- Should teens have access to contraceptives?
- Can death be a relief to the patient?
- Are vaccines mandatory?
- Should abortion be legalized?
- Is religion a mental disorder?
- Are we overly-dependent on antibiotics
- Is conventional medicine dangerous?
- Should the state do more to make people lead a healthier lifestyle?
- Is male baby circumcision legal?
- Should the state regulate fast-food chains?
- Which one is better; a low-carb or low-fat diet?
- Self-treatment; a way to harm or heal?
- Obesity; a personal problem or a public epidemic and concern?
- Who should decide when to place an elderly loved one in a seniors center, the older adult themselves, their kids, or the specialist?
- Should TV shows portray cosmetic surgery be banned?
Health Essay Topics for High School
- How to lead a healthier lifestyle
- The essence of a healthy lifestyle for teenagers
- How to develop healthier eating habits
- Does being healthy increase your happiness?
- How can teen pregnancy rates be reduced?
- Should fast-food restaurants serve unhealthy food to students?
- The biggest health challenges the youth currently face
- Why is the rate of obesity among the youth high?
- Should TV commercials for alcohol and fast foods be banned?
- Why do teens experiment with drugs
- Can people become mortal?
Global Health Topics
- Should organ transplants be allowed only to people who lead a healthy lifestyle?
- Is there a need to punish medical malpractice cases?
- Should there be a translator in medical facilities treating minorities?
- Do doctors need to report an organ donation
- What measures should be taken to curb the rising suicide rates?
- Should there be restrictions on tests on people?
- How can we achieve health equity?
- Do patients have a right to natural death?
- Insomnia pills; are they a placebo, harm, or cure?
- Should more funding be allocated to medical research products?
- The perks and demerits of easier access to medical prescription
Persuasive Essay Topics Health Care
- How does being a leader affect one’s health?
- Women are more prone to heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases
- The advantages and disadvantages of health insurance
- Fast food cafes should be held liable for the increasing rates of obesity
- Reasons behind an increase in medical malpractice cases and what can be done
- Meditation in exercising the power of the mind
- Are smoking areas effective?
- Why are men more prone to razor bumps than women?
- The application of big data in medicine has brought about an immense benefit to healthcare; explain.
- Are birth control pills effective?
- Should medical personnel be held responsible for the opioid epidemic?
- The impact of racism and gender inequality on the health of the nation?
- The role of education facilities in solving the obesity problem
- The advantages of health insurance
- Explain homeopathy and its positive as well as negative effects
- Doctors should report cases of organ trafficking
- Is there a connection between poverty and poor health?
- Are we excessively dependent on antibiotics?
Tips and Tricks for Choosing and Writing the Perfect Health Essay Topic
As already mentioned, having a health essay topic makes the writing process incredibly easy for you. However, not having one doesn’t turn your essay into rocket science, as there are factors that can help you narrow down your choices.
Your Interest and Knowledge on the Topic
Your essay writing quest will be more successful if you choose a topic close to your heart. Therefore, if your professor walks out the door without assigning you a health essay topic, don’t panic. Review all the health areas you’ve handled in the past, which you relate with the best.
Next, analyze the area you’ve chosen and pick a topic most familiar to you. For instance, if you’ve chosen health and wellness as the area you want your essay to focus on, review the topic suggestions we’ve outlined on our list above and pick the one you think you can handle without any difficulties.
This is important because while you may be interested in a topic, not knowing what it entails make the writing process a nightmare. Additionally, don’t forget to review the sources of information. If you cannot find enough sources to gather writing material, then writing your essay will also become hectic.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Essay Format
Choosing the right health essay topic is just the beginning. So once you make up your mind on what to write on, consider the format. This is important because not all health essays are the same. For instance, if you have been assigned a mental health argumentative essay, learn the structure of an argumentative essay first before you get down to writing it.
- Present Facts Passionately
Use facts adequately in your essay. But again, ensure your essay does not end up being a jargon-filled and overly-informal piece that will tire out your readers within the first paragraph. Instead present your facts in an educative, yet at the same time, an interesting manner to keep your audience captivated from the word go to the end. The secret to doing this is choosing a health essay topic you love.
- Keep it Simple
Again, just because you are supposed to present your essay excitingly doesn’t mean you overdo it. Keep it simple by going straight to the point while at the same time maintaining a clear tone. To achieve this, start by creating an outline so you can organize your thoughts, and have an idea of how the result will be.
The secret recipe to a disastrous essay outcome is choosing the health essay topic and doing it when your deadline is only a few hours away. Start your essay as soon as you can. This way, you’ll have enough time to review your topic options, research each one of them to determine which one has enough resources and then get down to work.