The phrase social justice may sound simple, but it covers a pretty diverse scope of issues affecting our society. These include religion, income equality, race, sexual orientation, and gender, among many others. Since these are issues we encounter every day, you will, on countless times in your student life, get assigned a social justice project. Note, this is regardless of what course you may be taking. Therefore, it’s wise to equip yourself with a selection of great social justice topics, and also know how to go about the writing process beforehand. Fortunately, you happen to be at the right place. Check out the roundup of great social justice research topics, as well as a few tips to guide you through the process below.
A List of Social Justice Topics
The key to writing an exemplary social justice research paper is equipping with a list of good social justice topics you are both interested in and that have plenty of information sources. On that note, check out the list below
General Social Justice Topic Ideas
- What impact does diversity have on social justice?
- Define social justice
- How a corporate policy can affect the staff’s mental health
- What is your take on fundraisers? Are they real charities or money laundering projects?
- Explain the background and reasons that often lead to employee riots
- What should immigrating foreigners expect? A better life or condemnation?
- Explain the connection between globalization and the increase in substance abuse rates
- Describe the political side of most modern wars.
- Obesity as an obstacle to one’s social life
- Increasing unemployment as the direct consequence of economic recessions
- The impact of global warming on small island nations such as the Maldives
- History and the progression of the idea in Western political thought
- Globalization on international hospitality and tourism and how it impacts the local population
- Non-governmental organizations, are they positive activists of change?
- LGBTQ + pride movement
- Describe the negative impact of societal beauty standards
- What is the extent of abuse and neglect in orphanages, care homes, and orphanages
Good Social Justice Debate Topics
- Can peace exist without war?
- Define the relationship between social media and the increased cases of suicide
- Reverse discrimination- a myth or reality?
- A world of peace- is it real, or is it just a far-fetched fantasy?
- Is the issuing of green cards a privilege or a necessity?
- Should we perceive it as sex work or paid rape?
- The church and the state- is it possible for them to remain separate?
- Will gun control laws help reduce mass shootings?
- Is consent a valid concept in the porn industry?
- Building a wall between the US and Mexico? Logical or racist?
- The immunization debate; should vaccination be mandatory?
Social Justice Speech Topics
- Who pays the price of war and terrorism?
- Talk about white privilege in the media
- Can social media help society overcome the problem of illiteracy?
- Talk about child abuse prevention strategies in the US
- The societal impact on teenage smoking
- Dating violence among university and college students
- The effect of TV on infant child development
- The issue of discrimination; do existing policies adequately protect citizens?
- Problems brought about by illiteracy
- Economic issues in developing countries and their link to the US economy
- Address discrimination in sports
Social Justice Topics in Education
- Why is peace education rare than shooting classes
- Describe the mistreatment or abuse of autistic kids in elementary schools
- Should our educational system be flexible enough to accommodate the evolving world, or is it a much wiser idea to retain the old standards?
- Discrimination against the female gender or non-citizens in our education system
- The impact of illiteracy on our community today
- The impact of bullying and anxiety development in teenagers
- Social media as the new form of bullying
- How accessible is our educational system, the poor, migrant works, refugees, and other minority groups?
- Mandatory uniform as a means to wipe out student identity
- Can social media help our society overcome the problem of illiteracy?
- Free education for everyone, will it ever become a reality
Thoughts On Social Justice Essay Writing
Writing an essay on social justice is not only a regular part of your student life but is meant to train you into a functioning adult in society. Writing on different social justice research topics will also help you keep up with the trends and changes taking place in our society. Therefore, to write the perfect social justice essay ensure you
Choose Social Justice Topics Wisely
When it comes to writing on social justice, it’s wise to choose a topic relevant to the community at that time. For instance, all social justice topics on our list directly impact society today. Therefore, choosing to write on any of them will cause controversy because not everyone has the same opinion as you. Hence, your audience, in this case, your professor, will be curious to see how you handle a particular social justice issue.
But other than being relevant, good social justice topics usually have plenty of research material. So apart from choosing a topic related to 2021, make sure whatever you opt to write about won’t leave you all drained.
Invest in Research
Social justice topics such as bullying in school usually have plenty of press. In that breath, you want to make your essay on social justice as unique and as memorable as possible. Therefore, instead of writing what everyone knows, go the extra mile in doing your research. For instance, if your social justice topic of choice is bullying, choose to address the psychological part of it, instead of the regular effects most students do.
Support Your Stance with Examples
As noted earlier, social justice mainly focuses on issues that affect our everyday lives. It is all about things that take place in our community regularly. Therefore, use relevant examples to help your audience relate to the social justice topic you’ve chosen to write about on a personal level. For instance, if you are talking about climate change, use examples that will hit close to home, such as increased energy costs. This way, your audience understands just how critical climate change is and why they should take action!
Keep your social justice essay very simple. Once you are done, revise and edit it to confirm that it is flawless. To make sure you submit a plagiarism-free paper and excellent grades, we advise you to hire our essay writers.