Halloween is an excellent time to celebrate but writing a persuasive essay on Halloween is another topic for discussion. Many college and university students find it tedious crafting such a paper and scoring low grades. To others, such an assignment is scary, and they end up not attempting it all. But should that be the case for all students? Well, our experts have prepared a tip-top guide on how to write Halloween essays that will make you a superstar. Keep reading.
What is a Halloween Essay?
It is an academic paper on Halloween that takes place on 31st October every year. Now, Halloween is usually a night of customs filled with fun and merry-making. The Halloween tradition has rich ancient religious stories, beliefs, and history. With its origin over 2000 years ago in Celtic Ireland, the festival has developed roots in most parts of Europe.
Outline For Halloween Essays
Many students think that knowing how to write a Halloween essay introduction is all to it. Nonetheless, it would help if you had more than an understanding of one section to craft a brilliant Halloween essay sample. You will have to know the following background information first:
- Origin of the Halloween festival
- Its significance to the communities that celebrate it
- The cultural and religious implications of the festival
With such knowledge, you are good to proceed to the structure of a Halloween essay which is a swift process. Like any other essay, a Halloween paper has three parts; introduction, body and conclusion. Below is a brief description of this structure:
- The introduction should contain catchy facts and ideas on Halloween that would immerse the reader into your essay. The beginning can also have proverbs, citations, some wise words, or quotes on Halloween. The thesis statement which comes in the intro should be brief and informative. Remember that the introduction paints a picture of what to expect, and as such, it should be captivating.
- The body: This is the part that explains the thesis statement in detail. It contains arguments and facts that support the main idea presented in the thesis statement. It is essential to connect every paragraph of the body logically to make your essay flow. To make this section more interesting, use vivid details and descriptions when narrating your story.
- Conclusion: It is the shortest part of your Halloween essay that wraps up your discussion. The decision should summarize the main points and restate the thesis statement. For an excellent article, ensure that your conclusion leaves a mark on your audience. Do not leave them scared and frustrated as people celebrating Halloween for the first time.
To ace your paper, you can look at the various Halloween essay example tasks online. These will give you ideas as well as tips on how to write a thrilling Halloween paper.
Halloween Essay Example
Halloween is widely celebrated in the U.S. and has a number of strange characteristics that make it similar to other rituals of reversal. Some social roles are reversed during Halloween. One example is that children hold power over adults through “trick or treat” as they can make adults give them candy and other things that they would not usually get. There are also many different costumes.
One type of costume that gets a lot of attention are the “sexy” costumes made for women and girls that are different to what they would normally wear. On a normal day no-one would wear that type of clothing but on Halloween it is OK. This is a way of everyone (particularly girls) stepping away from cultural norms and having the freedom to dress the way they want and express themselves. There are also symbolic messages behind the costumes in that they are supposed to imitate “scary” things. Anyone wearing a clown or vampire costume in everyday life would be seen as strange but on Halloween this is considered normal behavior.
Halloween can serve many functions in contemporary U.S. society. It is one of the most creative holidays in that it allows people to express themselves in costume and clothing, as well as make things and decorate their homes in an interesting way. It is also a kind of equalizing holiday because many costumes can be made at home from everyday objects, and pumpkins to carve are not expensive. In this way, everyone can join in with Halloween festivities, whereas Christmas (for example) can be very expensive with the presents and light shows. It is also an important holiday because it is fun for both children and adults – children can go to “trick or treat” whilst adults get to dress up and go to parties.
Let’s have a look at some exciting Halloween topics for your inspiration:
History of Halloween Essay Topics
- Analyze the myths behind the origins of Halloween
- Discuss the role of the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain in Halloween
- Why do people light bonfires and wear costumes during Halloween?
- Evaluate the development of the Halloween festival from the 8th century
- What aspects of All Saints Day featured in Halloween?
- Discuss the evolution of Halloween into a day of activities
- Traditional festive gatherings that define Halloween
- Discuss how people in the United Kingdom and northern France celebrated Halloween in the 18th century
- Why was Halloween associated with human death?
- Discuss the connection between the worlds of the living and the dead and Halloween
- The role of Celtic priests in furthering the Halloween festival
- Why did people offer crop and animal sacrifices during Halloween?
- Discuss the role of the conquest of the Roman Empire on the Celtic territory
- The role of religion in contributing to the development of Halloween
- How did Pope Gregory III contribute to the furthering of the Halloween festival?
Custom Halloween Topics For Top Performers
- Beliefs and customs of the rigid Protestant belief systems
- How did the southern colonies celebrate the Halloween festival?
- Discuss the customs of different European ethnic groups concerning Halloween
- How do the American Indians celebrate Halloween?
- The impact of coronavirus on Halloween celebrations in the United States
- How did the American version of Halloween emerge?
- Should people buy costumes for their pets during Halloween?
- Discuss the typical annual autumn festivities related to Halloween
- The role of immigration in furthering Halloween
- How did the Irish Potato Famine impact Halloween?
- The role of the media in popularizing Halloween
Fast Topics For An Informative Speech On Halloween
- Discuss the “trick-or-treat” tradition of Halloween
- What is the significance of apple parings or mirrors during Halloween?
- How neighbourly get-togethers spice up Halloween celebrations
- What is the role of pranks and witchcraft in Halloween
- Familiar games that people play during Halloween
- How newspapers and community leaders contribute to furthering Halloween
- Discuss Halloween parties in the 1920s and 1930s
- Evaluate the relationship between vandalism and Halloween
- Discuss the role of the Spooky Story Hour during Halloween
- Effects of reading many Halloween stories and poems
- The part of divination games
- Halloween and watching horror films
- Impact of visiting haunted attractions during Halloween
- Why telling scary stories to lighten up Halloween
Getting Help With Halloween Essay Is Easy
An essay writing service is all you need to score top grades in your Halloween paper. We offer full essay help that will make a perfect impression on your professor. Ask our writers to work on your article today!