If you are reading this, you are most likely looking to learn how to write an essay proposal without spending days on trial and error. We have some very good news for you: our experts will tell you everything there is to know about this type of academic paper and show you how to write a proposal for an essay in record time.
We will provide you with an outline and some free topics to get you started. Also, you will find plenty of interesting tips, tricks and advice. Here are the best ones from an expert essay writer. Are you ready to start?
What Is A Proposal Essay?
Before we can even begin to talk about the proposal essay, it’s very important to understand what it is. We should start with the basics, don’t you think? So, what is a proposal essay?
As its name suggests, the proposal essay is an academic paper that proposes an idea and then attempts to convince the audience that it is either good or bad.
No, you should not confuse your audience by telling them that the idea is both good and bad. What you can do, however, is discuss possible rebuttals. But we’ll get to that in a minute.
Main Goal Of A Proposal Essay
One other think we should talk about before we show you how to write essay proposal is the main goal of this academic paper. After all, how can you ask somebody to spend days working on something without telling that person why he’s doing it and why what he is doing is important?
- So, what is the goal of this proposal essay? Why do you want to write it? Truth be told, this kind of assignment is very important for a variety of reasons:
- By writing a great paper, you will show your professor that you are able to explain something clearly and logically.
- You will also show you professor that you are able to evaluate different options and choose the best solution to the problem.
- In addition, you will be able to show that you can support your statements and points of view with hard evidence gathered from reputable source.
- And last, but not least, you will display your skills at persuasive writing. Convincing your readers that the solution you are proposing is the best one is not as simple as you think.
Proposal Essay Format And Structure
Now that you have an idea about what the proposal essay is and why it is important to master, it’s time to talk about the proposal essay format. Is it different from other academic papers? Does it have some new and intriguing chapters? Well, actually no, the essay proposal format is very similar to that of many other academic papers.
This is why we like to recommend the easiest structure possible: the 5 paragraph essay structure. What you need (the minimum requirements) is an introduction, 3 body paragraphs and a conclusion. Of course, you can write more than 3 body paragraphs (if you have some great ideas). And let’s not forget the References, Bibliography or Works Cited section. Now, it’s time to talk about the perfect topic.
A Simple Essay Proposal Outline
One of the most important parts of the writing process is the outline. Did you know that even our experienced academic writers start each essay with an outline? Truth be told, a great essay proposal outline will help you remain on topic and not miss any important ideas. The outline is kind of like the skeleton of your paper. It looks like a table of contents, but you are free to add as much information to it as you need to make sure you remember what you need to write about in each chapter. Here is how an outline of a proposal essay would look like:
- The problem (one or two sentences, clear and concise)
- The background of the problem (detailed information about it)
- Transition to first body paragraph
- Propose the best solution
- How much does it cost?
- How can you implement it?
- How long does it take to implement?
- How does it fix the problem?
- Who will implement it?
- Transition to next paragraph
- Why is your solution better? Discuss 2 others and present proof that yours is better
- Why should the audience implement your solution?
- Discuss costs vs. the benefit of solving the problem at hand
- Discuss other benefits your solution brings to your audience
- Transition to next paragraph
- Rebuttal of Opposing Views
- First rebuttal to your solution, discussion
- Second rebuttal to your solution, discussion
- Third rebuttal to your solution, discussion
- Transition to Conclusion
- The problem (remind your audience what you are talking about)
- One or two questions that define your solution
- Summary of the benefits of your proposal
- Wrap everything up with a call to action
This is how an online of a proposal essay looks like. Of course, you need to change it according to your subject and topic. And remember, you may also be required by your professor to write a Cover Letter for your proposal and a Summary or Abstract. Both of these are condensed versions of the essay, with the Cover Letter being one page long and the Summary/Abstract being just one paragraph long.
Guide On How To Write A Proposal For An Essay
You want to learn how to write a proposal for an essay, we know. As we have promised, we have a quick guide for you. By following the steps outlined below, you will be able to write a proposal in no time. Please note that we are basing this guide on the outline we have developed in the previous chapter. So, without further ado, here is how you write a good proposal essay:
- Start by writing the Introduction. Follow the outline above and present the problem and the background to the problem.
- Next, write the Proposal chapter. We have included some questions you should consider in the outline above, so you shouldn’t spend more than one hour writing the Proposal section.
- Write the Justification chapter. Remember, this is where you need to make it clear to your audience why you have chosen that particular solution and the many benefits it brings to your readers.
- Write the Rebuttal of Opposing Views. You will need to present 2 or 3 opposing views (other solutions, in our case) and rebut them. Don’t be subjective and give credit where credit is due.
- Summarize everything in the Conclusion. Don’t forget to restate the problem and make sure you remind your audience why your solution is the best choice. End with a call to action, if possible.
- Edit and proofread everything until it is perfect. Don’t lose points on typos and other mistakes!
Only after you have written the essay should you attempt to write the Cover Letter or the Summary/Abstract. It shouldn’t take you more than one hour to do so.
Finding A Topic For A Proposal Essay
If you are looking for a topic for a proposal essay, we can help you. Here are some excellent topics that should work well in 2022:
- Best way to manage water consumption in New York City
- Forest conservation in 2022
- Ecommerce strategies that will make you rich in 2022
- Improving grades on LSATs
- Programs that eradicate alcohol addiction
- Diminishing CO2 release into the atmosphere
- Effective ways to grow the Snow Leopard population
- Building a Web server that can serve 100,000 simultaneous connections
- Choosing the right programming language and framework for a hotel booking app
Get A Good Essay Proposal Example
We realize that, even though we’ve did our best to tell you everything there is to know about the essay proposal, you still have some pressing questions on you mind. It’s normal, and we can assure you that almost every student would have them. You need a great essay proposal example to learn from. No matter how much we could tell you about this paper, you would still need an example. After all, humans learn faster when they get an example. Simply by reading a well-written essay proposal sample, you will immediately understand what you need to do and how you should structure your next paper.
Check out this short essay proposal sample to get a bit of an idea on what you are supposed to do:
A perennial philosophical and religious question concerns the meaning of life. Answers to the question used to be tied to religious beliefs. If God created people for a specific purpose, then it seems reasonable to suppose that this purpose provides the meaning of human life. Later the possible non-existence of God became a comprehensible possibility, and the question of the meaning of life was raised anew.
Existentialism was largely a response to the problem of making sense of the meaning of life in the absence of a theological worldview. However, existentialism in hindsight was something of an overreaction. It does not follow from the fact that there is no God that life has no meaning. Neither does it follow that, as existentialists sometimes put their central point, existence precedes essence. The faulty assumption that only God could provide an essence that precedes our existence is necessary to sustain this inference. The alternative is that our essence lies partly in our biological and psychological natures.
The present paper will argue that neither theology nor existentialism is necessary to provide meaning for our lives. While human animals are certainly very different from other animals, the key to understanding the meaning of life lies in a notion of flourishing that is common to animals in general. To flourish is to realize one’s capacities and needs in a full manner. We share requirements for flourishing with some other animals, for example having enough to eat, warmth, shelter, sexual activity.
However, humans are distinctive in having capacities for critical reason and morality. To the aforementioned list of requirements for a flourishing life, therefore, we may add others—such as reasoning well and understanding, love, friendship, and a vocation that is valuable and fulfilling. The meaning of life is to flourish in those ways that human animals are able to flourish. The final part of the paper will consider, and respond to, a series of important objections.
Wait, But Can’t You Write My Essay Proposal?
Why should I waste time I don’t really have when you can write my essay proposal? What if I need someone to edit my essay proposal? As you’ve probably guessed already, we are an essay writing service. In fact, we are the writing service that will send you a perfect academic paper for any class and on any subject in as little as 3 hours. Every student can order custom academic content from us online – 100% secure.
Now, writing a proposal essay is easier than ever before. Your teachers will absolutely love your papers because our writers are knowledgeable and very experienced at writing all kinds of research papers and essays. Rely on our trustworthy team and get excellent research, writing, editing, and proofreading services.
We have provided thousands of high school, college and university students with excellent essays that impressed their professors. We will help learn how to start a proposal essay, excel at writing research papers and become a successful student in every class. Take the correct decision and get help from the best and most helpful experts on the Web. Get in touch with us today!