I don’t know how to write a profile on someone! How do you write profile essays on a place? Don’t worry, we know you are probably struggling to understand this type of academic paper. It’s probably the first time you’ve come across is, so you don’t know where to start and what to do. The good news is that you will learn everything there is to know about the profile essay from this blog post.
We will not only show what this paper is and what it’s used for, we will also show you how to write a profile essay from start to finish. Let’s start with the beginning.
So, What Is A Profile Essay?
What is a profile essay? You can’t write something without first understanding what it is and why it is important. So we’ll start with a simple profile essay definition.
A profile essay is simply a very detailed description of a subject. The subject can be a person, an item, an activity, or even a place. In most cases, if you are enrolled in a journalist course, you will have to write your paper about a person.
This means you will need to interview your subject to gather the necessary information to write the paper. But I don’t know how to write a profile essay on a person! Don’t worry, we’ll talk about this in just a bit.
Creating Profile Essay Outline
Now that you know what a profile essay is, it’s time to talk about one very important part of the writing process: the profile essay outline. We know, you probably think that creating an outline is useless and time-consuming. However, did you know that even our professional academic writers always start their projects with an outline? Here is why it’s important:
- The outline will keep you on track
- It will provide you with the skeleton of your paper
- An outline helps you avoid repetition
- The outline makes it easy for your to organize your ideas in a logical manner
Also, starting with an outline is proven to decrease the time it takes a student to write the paper. And besides, creating an outline is extremely easy. Just use the important ideas and talking points you gather during the research phrase to structure your paper. The outline will look almost like a table of contents (plus some notes here and there).
Learn How To Start Profile Essay Fast
OK, but I don’t know how to write a profile essay on an event, not to mention a person! Don’t worry too much about this because we will show you how to start a profile essay in record time right now. Here is exactly what you need to do, in order:
- Read the requirements you have received from your professor at least twice to make sure you aren’t missing anything.
- Pick the subject for your paper. If you need to write your essay about a person, choose the perfect person for the paper.
- Gather as many details about the subject as you can. Of course, you need to write them down and organize them in order of importance.
- If you are writing a paper on a person, you need to set up an interview. Carefully craft each question of the interview and make sure to avoid offending your subject with inappropriate questions. When writing your questions, keep the objective of your paper in mind. What do you want to know to write the perfect paper? What makes your subject unique? Why would your audience be interested in learning more about your subject?
- Organize everything neatly and create an outline. We’ve already discussed the outline above, so we won’t get into details again.
And this is the way you start working on your profile essay. Remember, planning and interviewing your subject will probably take around 50% of the total time you allocate to the project.
Learn How To Write A Good Profile Essay
Now, it’s time to show you how to write a good profile essay. We recommend you use the 5 paragraph essay structure. Also, we assume you have already gathered all the necessary information about your subject. Remember, if you need any help with the interview questions, our seasoned academic writers can help you with a list of great questions. So, here is what you need to do to write the paper:
- Write an introduction that briefly presents your subject and tells your audience why you have chosen it/him/her for this paper.
- Write at least three body paragraphs (you can write as many as you like, as long as you write a minimum of 3). Each body paragraph will discuss a single important characteristic or trait of your subject. Often, you will start the paragraph with the trait and then use the rest of the paragraph to show your audience how you’ve discovered it.
- Write a great conclusion for your paper. Usually, this means you will have to summarize everything and show your readers what makes your subject so special. Remember, if you don’t know how to write a conclusion for a profile essay for school, we can help you.
- Edit your work and proofread it at least twice to make sure you don’t lose any points over trivial mistakes like a typo or an error in logic.
Getting A Great Profile Writing Example
Now, we know you won’t be able to learn how to write a personal profile essay without seeing a great example. After all, people lean best by example, so here below you can find a great example of a profile essay. Read it to get an idea of what a good profile essay should look like.
Claude Monet once said, “My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece” (Barren, 2015). This is very true of my own feelings toward my parents’ garden. Growing up in a large country house, we always had a spacious garden. Early on in life, I understood that gardens are not only about beauty. There is something deeply therapeutic about them. Whether cultivated or not, they are always filled with flowers, bushed, trees, and grass. There is something magical about every garden.
Each time, as I walk into my mother’s garden I see numerous plants and flowers before me. It is a spacious garden of about 300 square feet. I prefer to walk in the garden barefoot, stepping on the damp soil, grass, pebbles, and large decorative stones. As I walk through the garden, I engage on a journey filled with discovery. Sometimes, I see worms wriggling in the soil and it amuses me to watch them. I have no fear of these creatures and can watch them moving around for a long time.
As I walk through the garden I can smell many different flowers. There are roses, daisies, daffodils, lilies, asters, irises, and so many other flowers which I do not know the names of. Also, there is a large eucalyptus tree in the middle of the garden where I like to sit and relax. As I sit with my back leaning against it, I think about how lucky I am to have this place in my life. Usually, my mother will make some lemonade and bring it to me; I sit there sipping on my lemonade and inhaling all the fantastic smells. The different plants’ aromas merge into one beautiful composition – a natural perfume.
Occasionally, our neighbor’s cat will walk into the garden. It usually goes up to me and rubs against my leg. When I sit by the eucalyptus tree, the cat jumps into my lap and purrs. This contact with another living being makes the whole experience even more relaxing.
What I really like about the garden is its numerous colors. In fact, you can find any color in my parents’ garden: green, yellow, violet, blue, orange, brown, red, and so many more. As I meditate in the garden, I am able to fully grasp what the idea of “color therapy” means. Nature has a wonderful capacity for healing.
Thus, when I do not visit my parents for months on end, I miss the garden tremendously. To tell the truth, one of the first things that I do when visiting my parents, is I walk into the garden. In the winter it is no worse than during summer or springtime. It is just very different: magically white and peaceful. As I look out the window at the garden, with a large cup of tea or coffee in my lap, I am reconnected again and again with my true self.
How To Write A Successful Profile Essay: Tips And Tricks
If you want to learn how to write a successful profile essay, you need to learn a few tips and tricks:
- It’s always a good idea to check the validity of the information you gather.
- Always start your essay with an outline!
- When writing about a person, you need to respect your subject.
- Keep the interview questions focused and objective. Do not try to influence the answers.
- Keep a professional tone throughout the paper and avoid sounding biased at all costs.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different structures. When talking about a person, you could use one paragraph to talk about his personal life, another paragraph to talk about his public life, and a third paragraph to discuss his ambitions and goals.
- Use an online plagiarism checker if you’ve used information from online sources. You never know…
These are the most important tips and tricks we can show you. Of course, don’t forget to follow all the applicable academic writing guidelines as well. You are, after all, writing an academic paper.
Getting High Quality Writing Help
When it comes to essay writing, you won’t find a better team than ours. Our experts and professional writers are all PhD degree holders, which makes them your best choice for any kind of academic writing task. We want to assure you that we have extensive experience writing custom papers for journalism students. Our professor will have no option but to give you the top grades you need to improve your GPA.
Working with us is 100% safe because not even the writer will know your full name. Our payment methods are secure and we have hundreds of stellar reviews online. According to our customers, we are the best and most affordable academic writing agency on the Web. We also offer new customers juicy discounts, so don’t forget to ask us about our latest offers!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re in the process of learning how to write a profile essay on someone else, you probably have a lot of questions on your mind. You probably have a lot of questions no matter what you need to write your paper about. So, we’ve compiled a list of the most common questions and did our best to answer them for you:
Q: What is the best structure for a profile essay?
A: When writing a profile essay, we recommend students to use the 5 paragraph essay structure. This structure is pretty easy to use and works great no matter what you are writing about. We have already provided you with a guide, but don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you need more help.
Q: Is profile writing difficult?
A: Truth be told, you can write profile essay papers in no time if your follow our guide and advice. However, don’t expect to be an expert at writing essays without practice. Profile writing can be difficult, yes, but we can assure you that we have the highest confidence that you can do a great job!
Q: What class will I need to write this essay for?
A: Most often, college students will need to write a profile essay in their journalism class or course. Your teacher will probably not require you to write such a complex paper in high school, even though we’ve heard cases of this happening.
Q: How personal should I get in my essay?
A: Of course, it goes without saying that you will need to get pretty personal with your subject (if you’re not writing about a place or an event, obviously). This means you should plan your interview well ahead of time. However, keep in mind to avoid questions that are overly personal and that a person will most likely avoid.
Q: Who can show me how to write a professional profile essay?
A: Writing a good profile essay can sometimes require more than a guide and some tips. If you don’t have any previous experience with this type of writing assignment, chances are you will make some serious mistakes. To avoid this, all you have to do is rely on our professionals to write your academic paper for you.