Did you just receive your first ever Lord of the Flies essay assignment? If so, you probably don’t really know what to do or where to start. Truth be told the Lord of the Flies novel is relatively difficult. Of course, the first thing you need to do is read it from start to finish. No, a summary won’t usually be enough for you to write an academic paper.
We will assume that you have read the novel before you attempt to write the Lord of the Flies essay. In this blog post, you will get all the information you need to write an excellent paper, as well as a quick guide that should keep you on track. Topics and ideas are also included, so make sure you don’t miss them. Let’s begin!
Lord of the Flies Essay Basics
Don’t know who wrote Lord of the Flies? Not sure which Lord of the Flies characters we’re talking about? We suggest you read the novel before attempting to write an essay. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind about this novel:
- It was authored by William Golding (a Nobel Prize laureate)
- The genre: allegory and dystopian fiction
- The narrator: an anonymous third-person narrator
- The main protagonist: Ralph
- There is also a movie that came out in 1963
- The novel is about a group of boys stranded on a remote island and about their failed attempt to govern themselves.
- The story is not based on a real event
- The main characters are: Jack, Piggy, Ralph, Simon, Sam, Roger, and Eric. You can write a Lord of the Flies character analysis essay about any one of them, as they are all complete, well-developed characters.
- Simon’s confrontation with the Lord of the Flies is the most important scene.
The Major Lord of the Flies Themes
Now that you know some of the key facts about the novel, it’s time to discuss the major themes in Lord of the Flies. Why? Because, if you need to write a Lord of the Flies argumentative essay, you can safely pick any of the main themes. Here are the Lord of the Flies themes you can talk about in your next paper:
- Civilization vs. Savagery
- Loss of innocence
- Individualism vs. Community
- Man vs. Nature
- The Negative Consequences of War
- Struggle to build a civilization
- Man’s inherent evil (the nature of evil)
Is It Easy to Write a Lord of the Flies Essay?
We can tell you with absolute certainly that it is not easy to write a good Lord of the Flies theme essay. How do we know this? Every semester, we write a few hundred of academic papers about this novel for students of all ages. In other words, most students are struggling with their Lord of the Flies paper.
Keep in mind that this is a pretty complex novel. We would advise you to read it twice before even attempting to write an essay about it. It is very easy to make a mistake; a mistake that would get your paper penalized quite harshly. Students who want to make sure they turn in a perfect paper turn to us for help because our ENL writers have extensive experience writing about any Lord of the Flies topic you can imagine. Speaking of topics…
Choosing Lord of the Flies Essay Topic
In some cases, you will receive a Lord of the Flies essay prompt from your professor. However, you often have to come up with your own Lord of the Flies essay topic most of the time. This can be more difficult than you think. Here is why:
- Many in your class are already using the most popular topics
- Your peers are visiting the same websites you are
- Finding a great topic takes time and effort
- Excellent topics are very rare because they require ingenuity, creativity and a high degree of academic knowledge
However, don’t worry too much if you can’t come up with some exceptional Lord of the Flies essay ideas right away. The good news is that we can give you some awesome essay topics for Lord of the Flies right now. Here are some of the ideas we think work great (these can get you a top grade in most cases):
- Defending Ralph’s decisions as a leader
- Ralph’s contribution to the tragedy
- Discuss the development of Jack
- Are the boys’ actions a mere result of the instinct to survive?
- Talk about the forces of good and evil
- Discuss the fire on the pig hunts symbol
- Is Simon a Christ figure?
- Discuss two political ideologies present in the novel
- Discuss the development of Piggy
- Compare and contrast Jack and Ralph
- Discuss the sow’s head symbol
- Discuss Piggy’s glasses as a symbol
- Discuss names in the novel
- The dead parachutist as a symbol
- The role of the ”littluns”
- Discuss the beastie symbol
- Compare and contrast Roger and Piggy
- Is the story believable?
- Describe the stereotypes in Lord of the Flies
- Discuss the fire on the mountaintop symbol
- Discuss the conch shell (major symbol)
Getting Lord of the Flies Essay Examples
Now, we know you are probably wondering where you can get some interesting Lord of the Flies essay titles from. Or perhaps you need a few Lord of the Flies essay examples to see just how these papers are written. You can get some topic ideas and maybe some examples on various websites. However, many of the topics are most probably already used by some of your classmates. As for the examples, many of them are poorly written.
The best way to get a good example is to contact us. We can write a sample for you and just for you. This means that the sample will be 100% original, so you can use parts of it in your own paper. In addition, the paper will be written by a seasoned academic writer, so you can rest assured that it will be perfect in every way. We can even send you a Lord of the Flies analysis essay, if you need a good example.
Writing a Lord of the Flies Essay: A Quick Guide
Now that you have some great Lord of the Flies research paper topics and know the key facts about the novel, it’s time to talk about how you write an essay Lord of the Flies. We will be using the five paragraph essay structure because we’ve found it to be the best choice for this paper. Here are the steps you need to take to write an excellent essay:
- Write the Lord of the Flies essay introduction. This is the first paragraph and should contain a bit of background information about the topic, as well as your thesis statement (what you wish to demonstrate or the main idea you will be supporting throughout the paper).
- Discuss three important ideas in three separate paragraphs. Regardless of the Lord of the Flies essay prompts you receive from your professor, you need to write at least three body paragraphs. For example, you can use each paragraph to support a statement (which goes at the top of the paragraph).
- Write the conclusion. In this Lord of the Flies ending, you should summarize all the main talking points and/or findings and then make it clear that your findings or analysis support the thesis statement. If necessary, you can include a call to action in the last phrase of the conclusion.
- Edit the paper. You shouldn’t be afraid to delete entire sections, if necessary. Make sure your writing flows well. Also ensure that the paper is written in a logical manner. Maintain an objective tone and a neutral stance. Remember that this is an academic paper, not a personal opinion. If necessary, you can change the Lord of the Flies essay title during the editing phase.
- Proofread your work at least twice. Why risk getting penalized for some minor mistakes? In most cases, it is also a good idea to have your parents or some of your friends read the essay. Their feedback will help you improve your writing. Also, they may catch mistakes that you’ve missed.
Getting Some Help With Your Essay
We realize that even after providing you with so much information about the novel and about writing an essay, you may still need some help answering complex Lord of the Flies essay questions. Don’t worry, it’s normal. This is a difficult novel and writing an essay about it is not easy. If you have some essay questions for Lord of the Flies experts, simply get in touch with us. Our experienced writers will be happy to answer and guide you. Also, we can help you with many other things.
Did you know that our company can provide you with an unlimited supply of essay topics for Lord of the Flies? Or that we can write a custom essay for you from scratch? In addition, we have professional editors on staff that will gladly handle the editing part for you. If proofreading is something you’d like help with, we also have some exceptional proofreaders on our team. Bottom line, no matter what you need, we probably have it. You can get all the help you need from our academic writing company.
So, if you want to write the best Lord of the Flies essay ever and get a top grade, we are your best option. Remember, over 78% of students get academic writing help at least once every semester. Don’t fall behind. Don’t ruin your GPA. Get in touch with us today!