When you look at most academic papers, you might be tempted to think that they are all types of informative essays because they provide information on a selected topic. The observation is only partially true. The fact is that essays have defining features that help them stand out. In this post, we are going to take a closer look at informative essays, tell you how to craft a good informative essay outline, show you some great examples, and finish with some hot topics you can consider for your essay.
When you are given an essay assignment to work on, it is not uncommon to get overwhelmed. Often, the assignment comes with tight deadlines, and if you have other appointments, it becomes almost impossible to complete it on time. Well, simply look for cheap and professional online writing help to complete the essay. There is no need for stress!
A Closer Look at Informative Essays
Informative essays can take many forms, including:
Cause and effect essay.
Compare and contrast essay.
It is not uncommon to hear students say that the first essay on the above list is simple to write. But the fact is that it can be a huge challenge. Well, describing a topic is not enough. A student should have the best informative paper outline, use examples, and educate the reader about the topic of interest. You need to inform and motivate simultaneously.
So, what is an informative essay? This is one of the common types of academic writing that is given to students at different levels of education.
The aim is to provide in-depth knowledge about the selected topic. No matter the field of study, you will no doubt be required to write many informative essays before getting the nod to graduate.
Special Tips to Help You Write a Great Informative Essay
To craft a winning informative paper outline and great essay, it is important to start by looking at the entire process. So, where does it start? Here are some great tips to help you:
Start by selecting a great topic
This is perhaps the most important component of writing an essay because it determines how smooth the entire process will be.
Start by researching the provided topics to identify the interesting option that has ample up-to-date resources.
Develop a thesis statement before commencing to write
Consider this a tentative thesis that you would like to prove to readers using the essay. You can refine the thesis as you dig up more resources and gather more information.
Make sure to only go for resources that are less than five years old.
Create your draft
Before writing the final copy, you should work on a draft that lists the main and supporting points as well as where to position them on the essay.
Write your essay
Once you are through with the draft, go ahead and work on the final copy. Make sure to use an informative writing outline to make the ideas of the essay flow from the beginning to the end. Remember to use examples, facts, and demonstrations to support the arguments.
Proofread your essay before submitting
Even if you have great points captured in your informative essay, they can be watered down by mistakes such as typos and clichés. Therefore, you should proofread your paper well and confirm all points are flowing well before submitting for marking.
How to Write an Informative Essay Outline
What is an informative essay outline? This is a complete action plan designed to help guide the writer when working on his essay. Note that although writing your essay outline is not a mandatory thing, it is very important if you want to craft a winning essay. An outline tells you where to put specific points to make it easy for the reader to understand.
Informative Essay Outline: The Introduction.
The introduction is perhaps the most important part of your essay. Why? Because it is the beginning of the paper, it determines whether the reader will continue reading or not. To make your introduction effective, you should do the following.
- Start broadly. The start of your introduction paragraph should capture the topic under consideration broadly but without going into detail.
- Capture some useful background. These are facts, quotes, or something catchy about the topic you are working on. This is a great way to tell the reader that your paper is great, and he/she should keep reading.
- Provide a great thesis. An essay thesis is a statement that captures your stand on the topic. This is the argument that will feature throughout the paper. The thesis should come towards the closing of the paragraph.
NOTE: Although the introduction is the first part of your essay, do not be pressured to write it first. You can do it after writing the body paragraphs.
Informative Paper Outline: The Body Paragraphs
After the introduction comes the essay’s body. This is where you get into details of the points you want to use to support your argument. Every paragraph should be dedicated to a specific point. Start by highlighting the point and then use additional sentences to support it. Go ahead and use statistics, research, and specific quotes to support your arguments.
Informative Writing Outline: The Essay Conclusion
The conclusion is the last part of your essay. This paragraph should be used to summarize the main points that you have discussed in the essay. Note that you should avoid introducing new information in conclusion. However, you should feel free to point at gaps that might need additional research.
Informative Essay Outline Template
Now that we have demonstrated how an outline for an informative essay should be, we will now look at a great essay outline example that you can use to configure your essay. Feel free to edit and adjust it based on the topic you are working on.
The topic we are going to use here is “The Influence of Drinking on Human Health.”
Define your topic (what is drinking?).
Give some statistics about drinking and how addiction takes place (briefly).
Create a winning thesis statement. Consider a statement that compares drinking with something like family breakdown and low productivity.
The main body of the essay
Drinking and various diseases of the liver.
Go into details and demonstrate how it is harmful to people’s health. Focus on specific health conditions.
Bring out the best methods that drinking addicts can use to stop addiction.
Restate the thesis statement (make sure to use different words to avoid sounding monotonous).
Summarize the main points discussed in the essay.
Demonstrate the significance of the study that you have just concluded.
After the conclusion, you should provide a list of all the resources that you used to write the paper. Note that this should follow the guideline provided by your department.
Great Informative Essay Topics You Should Consider
When working on an essay, the purpose of an outline for an informative essay is to serve as a roadmap to guide you from the start to the end. Because this roadmap starts with selecting a great topic, we are going to provide you some hot topics that you should consider.
- The reproductive system of hippopotamus demystified.
- The most severe disasters around the globe: Could they have been avoided?
- What are the benefits and setbacks of renting a house vs. buying?
- What are the main environmental issues facing the globe today?
- Smoking is dangerous to your health: Explain.
- Alternative medicine: Exploring its effectiveness.
- Evaluating the problem of illegal immigration in the US.
- College violence: What are the causes?
- A closer look at the process of replacing a flat tire.
- What are the benefits of accounting studies?
- Taking a closer look at homeless people: How do they survive?
- How has life changed since the entry of smartphones in the globe?
- Insect lifecycle: A closer look at the mosquito journey to adulthood.
- What is artificial intelligence?
- A closer look at American towns that are growing very fast.
- What are the benefits of going to a boarding school?
- Exploring the pros and cons of eliminating university taxes.
- A closer look at the unique habits of university students.
- Is CITES doing enough to protect the extinction of species?
- What are the main causes of water contamination?
- Exploring the unique benefits of organic farming.
- Is it ethical to lie when you want to get out of a problem?
- Should adopted children be allowed to meet their natural parents?
- What are the distinct varieties of coffee?
- What are the safest cities in the United States?
With this guide, go ahead and pick the best topic, and craft the best paper ever. No need for stress. Remember that if you get stuck, professional writing assistance is always here for you!